About Ben: adopting an alpaca
When you adopt an alpaca from Alpaca Annie, you’re helping with the upbringing and maintenance of one of the world’s most beautiful creatures as well as supporting a small business.
Born on 7th September 2015, Ben is a cheeky alpaca who has no shame and will ‘mug’ anyone who walks into the paddock with carrots. Ben has an older brother Billy and they are almost identical. It can be very difficult to tell them apart.
You will notice when visiting that Ben has a different fleece to most of the other alpacas. This is because he is a ‘Suri’ alpaca and their fleece is softer, silkier but also grows down towards the ground. This means his hairstyle is very similar to dreadlocks.
Ben is a nervous boy when it comes to trekking out with the humans and may not be your trekking buddy on an adoption visit. Until Ben overcomes his fears, we’d love you to take his brother Billy on your trek.
What do you get with an alpaca adoption pack?
When you adopt an alpaca, whether it’s for yourself or as a gift, you’ll receive one of our unique alpaca adoption packs.
Inside each adoption pack that we prepare and send, you’ll receive the following:
- A personalised certificate including a picture of your adopted alpaca, valid for one year from the time of purchase.
- You’ll be able to book a free alpaca trek for one (normally £25.00pp).
- You also have the opportunity to bring a friend on your trekking experience for half price (£12.50).
- Your family (up to 4 people) can join you for free on another occasion to meet & greet the herd.
- We’ll send you a quarterly newsletter that includes news and interesting facts regarding the breed and new alpaca products.
So what are you waiting for? Adopt an alpaca today and join the family!
How to adopt an alpaca?
If you’ve made the decision to adopt an alpaca, then you just need to select a few options to begin your adoption journey.
- So you’ve chosen to adopt Splodge; he is going to LOVE you!
- You need to let us know whether or not the alpaca adoption pack is for you, or you are gifting it to a friend or family member.
- Simply fill in the recipient’s name, address, email address and include a gift message (don’t forget to include your name as the sender).
- Then add to basket and proceed with payment!
Want to adopt more than one alpaca? Take a look at our herd to decide on your next adoption!